Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carbon Repair

So some of you know that a few weeks ago, on a fairly familiar trail, on a fairly crappy day condition wise, I took the Epic and slung it over some rocks resulting in some pretty good dingage on the rear triangle.

This is what it looked like.

This was what it looked like after I had it fixed, just a short week later. .



I was waiting to mention anything about it until I put some good miles on it. I raced Tall Oaks on the repair, and also down at Arkansas. In between I've hit a ton of trail. Last week alone I got in 7 good mountain bike rides, on a total of 5 different trails. Knob Noster, Binder, Shawnee Mission, Rockbridge, and Landahl. Knob three times cause it's just that damn fun.

Back to the repair. I have the dudes info, just shoot me an e-mail and I'll get it to you. Marko is who fixed it for those wondering. He did JPB's Sworks hardtail, and it's still running smoothly. Not to mention Marko puts his stamp of approval with a life time warranty backing up his work. I like that.

So here's to hoping you don't ever have to fix your fancy carbon bike or any carbon bits. But if you do, it's great to know that you can have it fixed. Cheap too. My repair was a smooth 75 bucks. And with a week turnaround in order to get me ready for Tall Oaks... Well that was just the icing on the cake.

To Danny Boy, get better and stay sane. I have no doubt you'll come back stronger. Been on the injured list a time or two, and I always did.

Last Spin Pizza ride is tommorow night from the Spin on Main. Then it's cross practice Wednesday nights... I guess. Here's to hopefully fun times on grass paths!

G

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    We are CARBON FIBER PROFESSIONALS, and are located in Germantown Wi. CFP is a full service carbon repair shop with 20 years structural maintenance and all certifications necessary for any carbon or composite repair. The experience, reliability, and tools necessary for quality repairs that last! Please contact us for any questions, quotes, or repairs.

    Thank You,
    carbonfiberprofessionals@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much obliged to you for exceptionally usefull data.. carbon fiber road bicycle wheels

    ReplyDelete

  3. Many people that enjoy placing football bets will bet all of their money on their favorite team to win. If this is your strategy, you will need to be aware of the many factors that can impact a game. One of the most important factors that determine the outcome of a game is the skill level of the team playing เว็บแทงบอล. A good team may not always win, even if it has the best players in the world.

    ReplyDelete