Monday, December 13, 2010

Sunday Sundown Ride

Yesterday was the second weekly installment of the Sunday Sundown ride at Landahl. Just a little thing I decided to start doing. Meet at 12:30, and ride till sunset.

Landahl was beautiful yesterday, and I couldn't have picked better riding partners. Trav, Jessie, Kevin, and Shawn met me, but unfortunatly they didn't stick around till the end.

Kevin had to leave early to head to the great state of Colorado. The rest of us finished up riding everything, along with multiple trips up the connector to the cars, and we rode the tasty connector twice, and only did the loop once.

The rest of the boys left, and I set back out and rode everything but Tasty again, which included in order Wills to Family down Daves and through Rim back up to the car. All in all a wonderful ride on snow. Speaking of which the snow was perfect. Just enough to classify it as a snow ride, but not enough to make it boggy. The rocks were slick but it made it more interesting. I only went down once, and it was a pretty stupid little bobble. Travis got a good laugh out of it though.

I felt good pushing the 34x18 on my Stumpy 29er. I'm really excited about building some massive power this winter on my SS and transfering that over into next season when I'll have 10 gears to play with and a double boinger to play on. My goal is to get to where I'm able to push a 34x17 gear on my Stumpy for 4+ hours.

Speaking of which, I'm in the process of getting the last few parts for the new stead. It's looking to be an awesome build, and I'm really interested to get the final weight when it's all said and done. What I'm guessing is a sub 23 pound double boinger 29er, with a 1x10 XX gearset. The biggest advantage of this new bike will be the wheelset. 1400 grams of carbon goodness! Match that with some 500 gram tires and I'll be looking at loosing well over half a pound per wheel over my last years racing wheelset.

Speaking of which I have a set of Ellsworth 29er wheels for sale. Super sweet wheelset. 1600 grams, blingy silver metallic hubs with oversized bearing. I'll start my price at $400. The retail is $900 I believe. I'll have them trued although they don't really need it.

That's all for now folks!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment