Monday, October 26, 2009

Smithville Pain Fest!

I'll give it to him, Songer is one strong son of a bitch. Not to say his mother is a bitch, just a figure of speech. Any dude who can race a master's race solidly, and then come kick some ass in the SS class has my respect. I've beaten him once, only because he had mechanical issues. I've been able to hold on to him a little in every race, even leading him in some. This race I would only be able to hold on for 3 or so laps before he dropped me like a shit from the rear.

I think I needed a 21... The 42x20 has been golden, except for these last two races. I think last weekends race was just some bad decisions from the few nights before, but I know this race coming in I was fresh. The bike worked flawlessly as always, but that fuck you hill took it's toll. Not to mention the sand.

Chris Locke started out like a bat out of hell, almost taking out the lead back in the first turn. Slow your roll bud, you're much better off holding a wheel for the first lap, not trying to run us all into the ground. Songer took a gap, I finally passed Chris on the barriers and made it to Songer. He later dropped me, 3rd and 4th looked strong but dropped off at seperate times during the race, and I took 2nd, again, to Songer.

My back sucked it up, not sure what that's been about. To the Chiro, then lotsa core and back work. It's Songer in first for the overall with me in second. I need to win the next two races...

Thanks to the crew for putting on a bad ass race, it a blast as always with this cross shit.

Travis raced his best looking race yet taking second to Mark Cole. Who I assume is catting up next weekend? I would sure hope so, he's more than ready. Cam raced the open on his fixed mtb, crazy fucker. I held on the last part of the race just making sure I met him at the same crossing every lap to ensure I wasn't losing time. Was sastisfied with that...

Can you say blown up? I rode that wall thou damnit, and made it my bitch almost ever time except for once or twice...

Kevin cracks me up, I can see it running through his head, "I will squash this pussy barrier, and prove once and forall my manly might!"

Get ready for Boss Cross 3 this weekend, it Halloween and I'm sure many shanagans will be going down. Now to figure out my costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment